2012年10月9日星期二

When Considering a Cheap Tattoo Kits, Put Some Real Thought Into Your Decisions



The story of my first tattoo is not an exciting one: no one was drunk, nothing was misspelled, and it didn't happen in jail. I was 21 years old, living away from my parents for the first time, in college in New York. I had wanted a tattoo since I was 16 but waited for 5 years for fear that I would change my mind, that it would hurt, that I would get a disease, or that it would anger my parents.
As a 21-year-old, I thought I was old enough to make this decision for myself. I got my tattoo (an all-black silhouette of a crow on my right shoulder) at a small parlor, by this very attractive lady who came in carrying her child. She put her little boy in a nearby chair, put on some gloves and took me on my first tattoo experience. I was hooked from the minute I got up from the chair. Tattoos can represent a wide range of experiences, emotions and reasoning.
Mine was a product of my love for the animal, its representation in different myths throughout ancient and modern cultures, and it was COOL! I am a definite fan of tattooing in general. However, I don't really understand the fad of getting Celtic knots when you're not Irish, or pictures of Pooh, or flowers/butterflies just for the heck of it. A tattoo should mean something, at least in my opinion. Something I didn't expect from getting a tattoo was how it brought me into a completely different community than I was in before. People with tattoos share a bond, even if they have no other similarities. It's a bond of pain, of endurance and permanence that speaks to the depth of feeling that you have for something or someone, except if that something is Pooh or Tweety Bird. Sorry, those tattoos do not apply to this situation.



没有评论:

发表评论